Sunday, July 17, 2011

How I Rate My Books

In this post I am going to explain what I go off of when I choose a rating for the books I read. Ratings are done out of 5 stars.

0 stars- I very strongly dislike this book (Not hate because I don't like that word. noh8campaign.com). I would never recommend it to anyone ever and never read it again.

1 star- I didn't like this book. I wouldn't recommend it and definitely wouldn't read it again.

2 stars- This book was okay. I might recommend it, but there would be a specific reason. I might read it again if I was in the right mood for it.

3 stars- I liked this book. I would recommend it, but maybe not to everyone. It is possible that I would read it again.

4 stars- I REALLY liked this book. I would definitely recommend it and read it again.

5 stars- I loved this book a lot. I would recommend it to everyone and make a point to buy it so I can read it any time I want to.

6 stars- I don't even know if this is allowed!! Haha but if I give a book 6 stars, it means it was just unbelievable and one of the most amazing books I've ever read.

If there is ever a rating that is an in between rating (like a 2.5), it means that I'm in between my opinions. For example, a 2.5 rating would mean that half of the book was okay, and half of the book I liked. So I'm in between thinking it was okay, and liking it.

I try to follow this pretty closely so I hope it helps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)