Thursday, July 28, 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Well, some of my plans were cancelled, so I've had enough time to read Forgotten and review it :)
Forgotten
At 4:33am, London Lane forgets the day that she just lived. All she can "remember" is the future's events. She relies on the notes she's written the night before to tell her what happened during her day, such as what she wore, her school work, and any other important events.
She meets a boy named Luke (and re-meets him every day after that) but doesn't see him in her future. After meeting him, she begins to get a very disturbing memory. She discovers secrets her family has kept from her and is determined to find out what's going on. This leads me to a question we've always wondered about. Can you change your fate?
I love the plot, and the idea of forgetting your past. It actually kind of scares me, and I'm glad that I don't have to live with the condition she does! :P
I really liked the characters, from London to her love interest Luke (ohmagawd he's so sweet!!!) to the mostly-absent stubborn Jamie. I could relate to them all, as they were all well-portrayed.
It was actually a bit of a mystery that I didn't expect. I dont' know what I expected, but that definitely wasn't it! haha :) There were also some unexpected twists that I didn't see coming at ALL. I've read enough books and seen enough movies to be able to predict what's going to happen, but I was unprepared for quite a few things that happened, which was surprising and a nice change.
The only thing I found confusing was how London somehow remembers some things, and not others. This was slightly touched upon in a chapter, but I would have liked to know more about which memories she forgets and which ones she remembers.
The ending was a little bit unresolved for me, I felt like I was missing something, and wanted to know more.
Also, let me note that this plot is somewhat similar to the movie 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. That's what this reminded me of when I read the summaries :) I liked that movie as well haha.
Overall, I did enjoy this story. It was interesting, thought-provoking, and complicated. Slightly confusing at times, and heartbreaking and sweet at others. I would recommend it to anyone, because it basically fits all the genres. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars.
Oh, and P.S. there's also talks about Forgotten being made into a movie :)
Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)