Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic #2) by Sophie Kinsella

Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic #2)

In this adventurous sequel to Confessions of a Shopaholic, Becky Bloomwood has it made. She has a wonderful boyfriend, a fantastic best friend, a loving and supportive family, and a career she (somewhat) likes as a finance guru on a morning TV show. And when her boyfriend announces that he’s going to New York and asks her to go with him, she finds herself in the glamour and glitz of America. There's just one tiny, tiny problem. She's in debt... AGAIN.
This is the second time I've read this book, and it was just as funny as the first.
Surprisingly, Becky is easy to love. Yes, she's just ridiculous and crazy and has a serious problem. But she's funny and lovable and has a good heart. She's rather shallow and I have no idea how Luke and Suze put up with her. She really is lucky, it's just dumb luck how things always end up in her favor at the end. However unrealistic and lucky she is, I find myself laughing with her, feeling her pain, and cheering for her the entire book. Mostly I'm just rolling my eyes at the ways she gets into all these crazy situations. I love how she explains to the reader exactly why she needs ANOTHER pair of shoes again and again, and yet it makes sense in a twisted way.
I love the Shopaholic series because the things that come out of this girl's mouth are just too ridiculous. Becky is very much in denial, and I hope that she'll get her act together in the next books. I've read them before, but I forget what happens lol. I would recommend this book to anyone who is in the mood for a mindless chick-lit novel and enjoyed the first book in the series. The writing is the same as the first one, and there isn't any huge new things. If you didn't really like the first one, don't read this one because for you, it will basically be the same thing all over again.
4 out of 5 stars because I really did enjoy this one, as fluffy as the story was. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)