Thursday, August 4, 2011

Crush Control by Jennifer Jabaley

Hopefully this color isn't too bright!!!! lol


Crush Control


Willow's mom forced them to move from Georgia to Las Vegas when she was 9 so she could pursue her career as a hypnotist. Willow was sad that she would have to leave her childhood best friend, Max. So she does what she must, and hypnotizes him so that they will always be best friends. Now, she's a senior and her mom wants a more "normal" life and decides to move back to Georgia. Willow has fallen in love with Max over the years and is excited to come back so that what they have can finally be more than just friends. Except she's faced with an unexpected surprise, Max has a girlfriend. Willow then finds herself using her inexperienced hypnosis techniques again to get what she wants.

I enjoyed the concept of this book, because hypnosis fascinates me. I found it a little hard to relate to Willow, because I would never to hypnotize someone to feel differently about me. I would just want them to like me for me, and not be thinking about what was fake and what was real. Our world is already fake enough, I wouldn't need more of that! haha. Max was just there every once in a while, I never felt a real connection with him. I thought that Mia was well-portrayed. I found Georgia to be a little unrealistic, because she seems too eager and happy to help Willow with whatever she was doing. Like the sidekick, who was fine with just being that. I thought that the author did a perfect job of creating  Quinton. I could feel Willow's frustration with him, because I was definitely frustrated with him too!! haha Minnie however, I felt was just thrown in and out of the story. I would have liked to have gotten to know her more, because she was there for a little bit, and then just gone without any explanation. I like full circle endings :P

The story was your typical love triangle, with some typical teenage characters. It was a nice, happy ending story. I liked how the author also wrote about some family problems too, so that Willow had other problems besides Max. It's somewhat predictable, even though there were some parts I didn't see coming. The characters were fun, no backstabbing villain ones, which was nice for a change.

It's nothing special, it was worth reading, but not something I would read again. If the summary interests you, give it a try! It's thought provoking and fun, and will most likely be enjoyed. I would give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars . I liked it, but it wasn't an outstanding story for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)