Monday, July 1, 2013

The Stranger by Albert Camus

This book was recommended to me by my father. It is about a guy who is living his life as an outsider. He is not unhappy about this, he just lacks emotional connections to life. He is an observer of things and gets caught up in an unfortunate series of events. That's all I'm going to tell you because I don't want to give it away.



This reminded me a bit of The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway in its simplistic writing and how the characters are just going along with what life gives them. The Stranger was originally written in French (just so you know). I personally liked this story and would consider reading it again in the future.

It's not necessarily exciting or plot driven, but I like the simpleness of it and the messages. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)