Friday, July 26, 2013

Stolen by Lucy Christopher

Gemma is supposed to be traveling with her parents. In a moment of defiance, she goes off to get coffee and meets a handsome guy named Ty. The next thing she knows, she's in a deserted area of Australia with no one around but Ty. He has stolen her and intends to keep her there forever. But as time goes on Gemma realizes that maybe Ty isn't the person she thought he was. 



This was recommended to me by my Goodreads friend, Queen Taco, a few years ago. I requested it from the library but had never gotten the chance to read it. A few weeks ago at the library I saw it and decided to give it a try. 

This was the most mindblowing book ever. It is written in the form of a letter from Gemma to Ty, which is a little strange at first but you get used to it quickly. I've never read a book that has made me cry more this hard. I was completely devastated and heartbroken, but in a good way because this book was amazing. 

I loved Ty so much, and I loved Gemma. And I loved them together. Reflecting back on this book, I realize that the author was giving readers an experience with Stockholm syndrome, and my god it worked. I could go on and on and on about what a fantastic book this was. Instead, I'll just highly recommend it. It is honestly just incredible and I have no complaints. 6 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)