Friday, June 15, 2012

Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult

Lone Wolf

Edward, 24, moved to Thailand after a huge fight with his dad. He returns after 5 years at the call of his mother (she had divorced Edward years back, is now married and has twins). Edward's sister, Cara, and their father, Luke, are in the hospital after a bad car accident. Cara will be okay, but Luke's state is undetermined. Cara wants to wait for her dad to come back, if he will, but Luke wants to end the life support. And since Cara is not 18, she does not have the legal rights to make the decision. Luke also has no true claim to the decision, since he had been absent for the past 5 years. The plot develops, and everyone is forced to reanalyze their life and the choices they have to make.

This is another wonderful novel by Jodi Picoult. The characters are well shaped and the moral dilemma is ever so present. I also found it really interesting to learn about wolves and new legal aspects that are in this novel. The title and cover are also extremely awesome. I really have no negative comments and think that this one is worth picking up. I learned quite a few things and think this is a beautiful unique story. Something I personally like is how thre are different points of view,. This way I feel more connected to the characters and don't get bored as easily haha.

Although I have seen the plot formula she uses in every single one of her books (and I find it slightly annoying when I am able to find this out in an author **cough**Nicholas Sparks**cough**), I still enjoyed this and found it very educational and touching. I would recommend this. 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)