Thursday, June 21, 2012

First Step 2 Forever by Justin Bieber

First Step 2 Forever

At this point, you may be wondering why you are reading a review for Justin Bieber's book on my blog or on Goodreads, because that means that I must have read the book! Well, I have a story behind that. Apparently I promised by a very close friend of mine (she likes Justin Bieber) that I would read this book. I don't really remember that promise too well, but it sounded vaguely familiar. So here we are.

Alright, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There are some very LARGE pictures of Justin which at times are... slightly scary. There are many, many pictures. MANY. Not so many words though... lol. First Step 2 Forever is basically Justin's story about how he got discovered and how his life has changed. You may be rolling your eyes, but my heart does go out to him after reading this. He really is just your average guy, but unlike your average guy, he got really lucky and was able to follow his dream. And look where he is now! Though I really don't believe that he actually WROTE this book (I even checked the copyright and it was like "Biebertime books" or something, soo... yeah. I have theories that he was telling someone his story and they just typed it out for him, but not a ghost writer) and his slang terms made me facepalm a few times it was bearable and I learned a few things.

Bieber is smarter than people give him credit for and he is inspiring. I liked is sense of humor that was apparent though his words and his strange Canadian slang. This is something that fans would enjoy, and even non-fans would learn something new and be like "he sounds pretty cool". I'm not a die-hard fan and I enjoy his music but I think he's a bit overrated. I don't need to see JB wrapping paper when I go to Target. Or folders, or notebooks, binders, toothbrushes, dolls, should I go on? All in all, it's a decent story about a kid who got to follow his dreams. 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)