Thursday, October 6, 2011

Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Alright so this is going to be a quick post because I have to get back to my homework :P Super fun right...

Love Story

Erin Blackwell is working long hours in a New York coffee shop. She has a goal to become a romance novelist and is paying her own way through college in hope. It's tedious, but she holds onto the goal of an internship to keep herself going. It wasn't always like this for Erin, she lived in Kentucky and her family owned many horses. She used to have lots of money and get anything she wanted. Then, Erin told her grandmother that she wanted to be a romance novelist instead of being a business major so she could run the horse farm. Erin's grandmother disapproved of this, so she cut Erin off. She wouldn't support Erin's dream job, so if she wanted to get somewhere, she would have to do it herself. To make matters worse, her grandmother gives the stable boy, Hunter, Erin's inheritance. So Hunter is the one who is getting designer clothes and a free ride to college. Erin had a complicated relationship with Hunter in the past, and she writes a fantasy romance story  about him for her English class. Everything is fine, until he walks through the door and everything changes.

I loved the way the author wrote, I can't really explain it but its so lyrical and like the words were individually chosen perfectly. I liked Erin, but she did have a few flaws, and I loved Hunter. They were REAL characters to me because I saw bits of them in myself and other people I know.

The plot is interesting, and I loved how the author included the short stories throughout the book.

And the ending. Ohmygod, I LOVED it. I won't give anything away, but I think it's worth it to stick it out to the end in this one. It was really, really cute. It made me wanting more, but I'm glad it ended when it did.

I also liked how this story wasn't really a "Love Story". It had romance in it, but its really about Erin learning about herself. I love when you think books are supposed to be about romance, but its much more than that. There's also a downfall to that though. Because Erin is spending so much time figuring out herself, her and Hunter are never really on good-terms with each other, which kinda sucks because the reader wants them together. You just want to yell at them "Get over yourselves, move along with your life, and fall in love!!!"

Haha but anyway, it's a cute story. Not the most capturing story, but one that will keep you going. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)