Monday, July 9, 2012

The Hunger Pains: A Parody by the Harvard Lampoon

The Hunger Pains: A Parody

In case you couldn't tell by the title or the cover, this short story is a parody of the well-known Hunger Games. Instead of Katniss Everdeen you have Kantkiss Neverclean, who volunteers in her sister's place to take part in the annual Hunger Games. She has to figure out how to survive and learn who to trust.

Haha! What a funny book. I am not one to defend the Hunger Games and all the little things that the Hunger Pains "ruined". Instead, I laugh at all the flaws that become apparent. The things that I enjoyed about this novel were the obvious name changes and how everything was exaggerated in a silly way. I especially liked how they poked fun at Peeta, or "Pita", who is described as "doughy" and having a large head. LOL. And I really like Peeta! (And Josh Hutcherson). So, all in all, if you liked the Hunger Games, aren't going to throw a fit about the parody, and are in need of a laugh, read this book. It's short enough too! 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)