Monday, July 9, 2012

dancergirl (WiHi #1) by Carol M. Tanzman

dancergirl (WiHi, #1)

Ali's friend films a video of her dancing and puts it up on the Internet. Soon, she is known to everyone as "dancergirl". Some people admire her, but others are jealous and bitter at the attention she is receiving. Before long, there are other videos of Ali dancing. But the new videos weren't approved by Ali and they seem to be filmed through her bedroom window. Ali receives numerous threats and she and her friends work together to get to the mystery of her stalker.

Well... I am sorry to say that I didn't enjoy this book. It was seriously a very, very, very long read and I couldn't find myself getting into it. The plot idea is interesting, which is why I picked it up in the first place. The first few chapters are confusing when the characters are being introduced and such. But aside from the interesting plot twists, I found the whole "viral video" thing to be a little unrealistic. Like the "staring in the halls", "everyone's a hater/lover" thing. I did enjoy how I was trying to figure out who Ali's stalker was with her, because I knew exactly as much information as she did. This book was just mehh to me. I wouldn't recommend it. 2 out of 5 stars.

**Also, I apologize for this short review. I am trying to catch up on all my reviewing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)