Sunday, March 11, 2012

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)

In the sequel to the Hunger Games we find Katniss returning home from the Games with Peeta, a strange turn of events than what was expected. Things are supposed to be better now, but they're not. The Capital is furious at Katniss for holding out the berries in defiance. Now Katniss must do everything she can to keep herself and her loved ones alive. Not only that, but she's caught in a tricky situation with Gale and Peeta. Many of the Districts are on the verge of rebellion, which Katniss has only fueled.

Catching Fire was very imaginative and exciting, and though parts were a little predictable I found myself thoroughly absorbed in this dystopian world. Since I've read the Matched and the Uglies series, I have a pretty good idea about what's going on in the lost district. There was a lot of the same stuff as the first book, which is the reason I'm giving this 4.5 stars instead of 5. The characters, the action, the love... Anyway. I really liked this and would recommend it to anyone who read the first book. I haven't decided between Peeta or Gale yet, but I'm thinking Peeta. But then again, I don't think its fair to be judging because we really don't know that much about Gale right? I can't wait to read the last book and see what happens to Katniss & friends. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)