Saturday, June 22, 2013

How They Met, and Other Stories by David Levithan

How The Met is a compilation of various stories about love by David Levithan. It's pretty cool to see how these were written if you read the before note from him in the book. It started in his physics class when he was bored and wrote a Valentines' story for his friends. They liked it so much that it became a tradition. Also some of his other novels started as Valentines' stories, like Boy Meets Boy. 



I really liked the style of this book and all the different little stories. They all weren't love stories, but stories ABOUT love. Some stories were better than others, but my favorites were Flirting With Waiters, Lost Sometimes, What a Song Can Do, Starbucks Boy, Princes, the escalator, and The Good Witch. I think my favorite one out of all of them was Princes. That one was really sweet and realistic. 

I loved how all the stories had characters of different sexualities, so there were some gay ones and some straight ones. Also as I was reading Lost Sometimes, I was like, "I could have sworn I've read this before" and it turns out I had! It was part of 21 Proms, a compilation of 21 prom stories also edited by David Levithan.

David Levithan, I love you so much. All your stories are so wonderful. 

I recommend this one if you aren't in the mood for a long story, that way you can just read a story or two. 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought :)